Thursday, June 4, 2009

Baby Chicks

Life on the farm can be so much fun. Maryn, Saylor and I went out to the barn this morning to get the grain for the horse and goats, and found that we had chicks hatch overnight. We have 10 chicks that are nice and healthy. Tonight we moved them into a stall so our cat won't get them. The kids are so excited and I am sure to find them in with the chicks all summer.

We still have one egg that the chick is trying to hatch. It is on a heating pad in my room. I can hear it peeping right now! I hope it succeeds in hatching, because I get really upset whenever we loose one of our animals.

Speaking of which, Maryn's guinea pig, Smoochie Poo, is on his last leg. We have been discussing his imminent death, but it will crush Maryn when he goes. So today we purchased another guinea pig. I think it will be easier on her when Smoochie Poo's time comes. She is my animal lover , and is always mothering all the animals. She wants to raise this last chick in the house (like she did last year with another single chick)


No comments: