(Jian, Saylor, Alec, Maryn, and Tommy)
The first full day of summer vacation--ye-haw--no more 7am alarms to get the kids ready for school. As a night shift person, mornings are not my favorite, so I L-O-V-E when the kids are out of school. Today, also happens to be my sister's birthday. We had planned on spending the day at the lake on her boat, but it has been storming here for the past two days. We opted for a cheapy movie and grilling out at her house. We had a ball. The kids love to run around her property with her five labs (yes, that is correct: 5 labs). Below is a picture of Maggie, the newest addition, giving Tommy a good licking.
On the adoption front, no news for me, but Meg and her dad are landing in Addis Ababa (the capital of Ethiopia) in a little over 3 hours. She will be meeting her daughter for the first time very soon. I am so very happy for her. And another friend Kim is leaving for Addis Ababa in a few short hours and will be united with her daughter as well. It is so exciting to see families so close to completing their journey and becoming forever families.
I am trying to get another care package together to send with another family that is traveling soon. I am putting pictures of the kids into a photo rattle for Baby Girl. It is somewhat of a dejavu because I found the exact same rattle I made and sent to Jian when I was waiting for her. Hopefully there will be some news next week.



4 comments:
You have such a beautiful family. I love Tommy's mohawk!
okay, let's see the first day of school pictures!!!
Wow- thanks for posting on my new blog and congrats on your new little one!
Just wondering if I can put a link from my website to yours as a "single adoptive mom?"
Also- I would love to profile your family some day if you are okay with that (when things are not so hectic). I really want to encourage single moms and let them know- it's possible!
Take care,
Leanne
it's me...
checking in...
tomorrow i wanna see a new picture on this blog!!!!!
Post a Comment