Thursday, January 29, 2009

100 Days

Today marks the 100th day I have been officially waiting for a referral. I cannot believe it has been 100 days. I really thought I would have a referral within a month, and when that didn't happen, then surely by two months.

The days seem to creep by and I have been so blahhhhhh. I just don't feel like doing anything. I am in a perpetual state of grouchy. It is so not fair to my other kids having to endure grumpy mommy, so I am trying to not think about the "when" of our referral. It will happen, when, I don't know.

I spoke to my agency on Tuesday. Angela had spoken to Agitu, who is in Ethiopia, and had an update for me. WoooHooo, an update. The big scoop is that Agitu is working on my referral as well as Holly's, who is #1 in line for an infant girl, and I am #2. She is working on the medicals and paperwork for a 7 month old and a newborn. Angela said "soon". I have heard that before, and had gotten very excited. I think that was about two weeks ago--and nothing. So I am really trying not to get all worked up, but today is the 100th day, and I really am hoping for some good news!!!

Today will be a long one. Waiting. Hoping. Waiting some more. Checking the phone to make sure it is working. Waiting.

Not that I really think it (the call-the referral) will happen today, but a girl can only hope.

3 comments:

meg said...

hoping "soon" really does come soon.

trice said...

hoping it's soon as well!!!

Unknown said...

Here's to hoping!!!!