Tuesday, February 10, 2009

16 Weeks=112 Days=4 Months (revised)

Today marks the 4 month mark of Officially Waiting. Today totally sucks. When I started, I was told I would be home within 4 months, and as you can see, not even a referral. I am very disappointed with the lack of movement as far as referrals. A couple of weeks ago I posted about referrals that I was told would be here within a couple of days--well 12 days later and no referrals. On Day 101, I emailed Angela to ask if there was any news, and her response was there have been "issues" and "we should know something the next couple of weeks".

From "a couple of days" to "a couple of weeks", sure puts a damper on a weekend. I was so sure after personally talking to her that I would really get my referral by the end of that week.

The following Friday, Day 108, I emailed Angela again to see if there was any news, and she told me that the orphanage where the agency places the referred children is full. They have referrals ready but cannot refer them because there is no where for them to be placed. The director is working on getting a contract with another orphange.

So, it is now 4 days since the "bomb" was dropped, and still no news.


Then to top it off, I was basically told by my other BFAS adopting families that I ws too negative and griping too much!! That really hurts. They are supposed to be the ones that understand what I am going through and can support me when I have to have a gripe session. Luckily I have met a couple of great friends on this journey, people that will support me both on the good days, and the bad days--a big shout out to Sylvia and Rebecca--thank you!!!!

So I will continue to wait--not so patiently. And, now it is said that it will take 4-6 months to get through court. So I am going to be lucky if I can get through court before court closure during the rainy season.

Stay tuned...

(revised-originally I had included the actual emails I had received, but have been told this is "private" and personal, so I choose to remove them and paraphrase. I did in no way mean to upset anyone with my post, and if I did, I apologize.)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

kelly you may want to go private

Anonymous said...

yes....you may want to go private....this is ridiculous.....no wonder you do not have a referral !!!
Take it for what its worth!!!!

Kelly said...

It is amazing to me that so many people are afraid of the truth. Since when does the freedom of speech require me to edit my feelings or what is actually happening. I am amazed that another adoptive family (which I am assuming Anonymous #2 is) would be so hateful. I would never wish ill will on anyone.

Holly Scheuren said...

wow... who's the crazy "anon" poster over there? That's bizarre and mean! Anyway, Kelly, feel free to email me anytime. We're in this together.

Kelly said...

Thanks Holly, I appreciate your support. It really wasn't my intention to cause an uproar, I am just stressed out and this is my venue. Here's hoping for some good news soon!!

VALARIE said...

Kelly,

I was a BFAS client. I know exactly what you are experiencing and you are not being negative. You don't have a referral simply because BFAS has not provided you with one. If they are doing that for any reason it is them with the problem and not you. Don't let these people make you feel bad for expressing your honest feelings about your process.

If more of us would speak up we might be able to prevent other families from some of the unnecessary -- UNNECESSARY things that agencies put the families through.

I feel for you and know that it is NOT you!

Kelly said...

Thank you Valerie!! I appreciate your support.

Anonymous said...

Hey Anonymous #2...... If you don't like what Kelly is writing don't go to her blog. You must be a very sad and hurt person to write such mean things about such a great person. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Jacky S

Kelly said...

Jacky,
Thanks for your continued support. I know I can always count on you.

meg said...

i hear congrats are in order!!
yayayayayayay!!!