All of this was $32 and some change.
-Leapfrog Jr Explorer Globe-$6 (they are over $80 new)
-sun wind up baby music-$0.75
-Neurosmith musical blocks-$2 (these are about $25 on EBAY)
-Crayola learn to draw book-$0.25
-dog bed (brand new for the freakin dachshund that chews them up faster than I can purchase them)-$3
-Capelli NY rain boots-$2.50
-three piece green TCP outfit (this is so cute!)-$3
-Gymboree pink xmas jammies-$1.50
-Maggie and Zoe turquoise with pink flowers sundress-$0.90
-bulldog jammies (brand new)-$1.50
-brown with flowers sundress-$0.90
-IZOD white dress shirt (for school uniforms)-$2
-pink shoes-$1.50
-Gymboree hot pink leggings-$0.45
-Gymboree striped leggings-$0.60
-Gymboree jeans (pears and apples around cuffs)-$1.50
-green and pink 3 piece jammies-$2
(cat no included-LOL!)
So there you have it. I love getting a great bargain and having my kids look great. I love finding complete Gymboree or RL or Tommy outfits for a couple of bucks. I bought an Oilily coat that was brand new for $3 a few months ago. I often find European boutique outfits/dresses for $1-2. I cannot beat it, and when my kids go out and play in the dirt, I can't get too upset when they come in filthy (or at least that is what I tell myself!).
I remember when I had my first daughter, and my mom would want to buy her stuff at garage sales or thrift stores, and I was too snooty for that. Now, I cannot image going to the mall (haven't been in probably 6-7 years). This type of "shopping" is not for everyone--I am sure there are some of you that wouldn't be caught dead in a thrift store, but for me it is a lifesaver, both financially and emotionally--nothing beats a little retail therapy.



1 comment:
I am a consignment sale junkie, but often feel like I am still spending too much money. So, will have to try thrift store shopping sometime. I have been conditioned (and convenienced) with getting an entire season of clothes at a consignment sale...so thrift store shopping seems like it would take more time. That would be hard for me b/c I don't like to shop all that much. But worth the savings, right?! :)
Theresa (from TRAP blog) :)
Post a Comment